Thursday 16 January 2014

Mallory's Story

The Catastrophe

It was Sunday afternoon, around noon. I was watering my peach tree when my heart stopped. I fell to my knees praying to god I would live. I woke up in the hospital with my granddaughter, she was short, skinny and loved crafts. She reached for my hand, she said "I love you grandma" , I said " I love you too dear " . A few days later I went home but this time it was different, I had a defibrillator strapped on my chest. I try to breath and instead of a clean fresh breath I get a cold painful inhale. I also have a necklace, not just any necklace a necklace that if you press the center, it calls an advisor to your house to help you. (exp. if you fall and can't get up you press the center)

I have trouble sleeping the first few nights thinking about that day, the day that changed my life forever, I have no control of my body now,
it makes me feel like I'm floating in
space. When the morning comes I feel not worse but better, I feel truly alive finally I can teach my grade 7 class again. A few mounts went by and I went back to school (teaching). My class said hello, and we missed you but I didn't believe it for one bit. My class disliked me, the only person who would take a seat next to me was little Johnny Daniel. He LOVED
me he always had and that warmed my heart. When I walked through the door he handed me a piece of
toast, it tasted delicious. "Johnny said here Mrs. Luanne I missed you" I said "I missed you too". The school has this charity found raiser every year, usually they have some games and 3 foot races, but this time was different there were no kids around. Only men in business suits, was this a trap to get me to retire, or will I be forced to make my escape...

By: Mallory 

No comments:

Post a Comment